Re: what is dt?

Shelley Powers On 09-09-17 23.38:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 2009, at 11:16 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Leif Halvard Silli:

>>> It would certainly make things seem less retarded.
>> I jokingly suggested <diagram> instead of <figure>, but I don't think
>> that would be an actual improvement.
>>
>>  - Maciej
>>
> I actually rather like Figure, and its fun to look at what will become
> known as The D Defense, but...
>
> ...my original objections to the reuse of dt/dd still stand.
>
> I have a bug on this, which is guess is our only avenue of protest we
> have now. The discussion was good, though I don't think it will result
> in anything happening. The previous discussion on SVG didn't go anywhere.
>
> Still, I guess we heard some interesting suggestions. Too bad, nothing
> will come of them.

I have no idea at all why the draft suddenly says that we can use
compelling arguments. Perhaps it was Microsoft's un-support that
made the deal?

However, at the very least there was an effect: An issue was put
under light. But something else came out of it.

So, what I mean is that there may come something out of it. But
not what you expect. So, you are wrong, but right.
--
leif halvard silli