Re: what is dt?

Laura Carlson On 09-09-17 16.30:

> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:26:47 +0200, Shelley Powers
>> <shelleyp@burningbird.net> wrote:

>>> This strikes me as an interesting proposal, and when it comes to Figure,
>>> has been proposed by others[1]. The rejection of the idea, because of how
>>> browsers currently implement the DOM for HTML4 puzzles me, since we're
>>> changing the DOM for HTML5, anyway.
>> goes. In <table>, however, it would be a problem because in legacy browsers
>> the element would be moved outside the <table> in the DOM.
>
> Maybe start thinking about a new generic term?

At the moment we discuss the problem of a caption. <summary>
represents a caption for accessibility purposes. Since I am for
the moment suggesting that we simply do

the problem of such a hidden caption could be solved by adding a
hidden <dt>

 <dl figure >
              <dt>Caption
              <dt hidden >Long description
              <dd>Content</dl>

Should work fine with the logics of DL - where a DD can have more
than one DT.

To follow the same pattern in <table>, we could allow _two_
subsequent <caption> elements there. In June this year I
demonstrated that this works quite well across all UAs.
--
leif halvard silli