Re: HTML5 feedback from prominent designers

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> The advantage of a <sidebar> element would eventually be that it became more
> simple for authors to create e.g. 3 column web pages. And I thought such
> simplifications was one of the goals of HTML 5.

That's purely a CSS issue.  It isn't affected by whether you use
easy to select, give or take a character or two.

> Compare with HTML 4: It has "div" (even English speakers doesn't know that
> it means "division"), "p", "a". Just to mention 3 element names that are too
> short to know what they mean. I think it makes perfect sense for an
> international language like HTML to use element names that can be pronounced
> "natively" in almost any language of the world! ;-)
>
> What do we see in HTML 5? Answer: "article', 'section', 'aside' etc.  These
> full length names represent an anglification of the element names HTML.

<title>.

In any event, I don't think there's any value in making things equally
incomprehensible to speakers of all languages.