Re: aria vs native alternatives [was: Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document]

On Sep 3, 2009, at 00:02, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> "There are also mainstream benefits of providing navigation
> landmarks. Your browser may assign key sequences to move focus to
> these sections as they can be set on every site. Navigation to these
> landmarks is device independent. A personal digital assistant (PDA)
> could assign a device key to get to them in your document."
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/#kbd_layout

This seems to contradict the stated principles of ARIA. I think either
aria-practices or ARIA 1.0 needs to change to remove the contradiction.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi