Re: Implementor feedback on new elements in HTML5

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:29:44 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
> I agree that styleability is important in this case. Particularly so
> because many sites have been forced to build their own date pickers, and
> would want to continue to reflect the site branding. I wonder if Opera
> has experience to share here (I believe they have implemented all the
> date inputs). Is there author interest? Is the implementation stylable,
> or is the implementation conducive to adding styling?

I believe date pickers is one of the more popular features (though before
it's going to be used there need to be more implementations), but styling
in Opera is currently not possible and authors do really want that.

We should really provide a way to do styling for controls, but so far
nobody has been tackling that problem.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/