Re: ISSUE-53: mediatypereg - suggest closing on 2009-09-03

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:

> I don't know whether it's documented (and where), but I think it's
> obvious as the media type is supposed to describe existing content as
> well.

Clearly it's not obvious, since a number of people are disagreeing.

In particular, I think that a media type registration only needs to define
how to process existing markup, and how to generate new markup. Unless you
can provide a concrete example of how HTML5 fails to do this, I believe
the spec as it stands is a suitable MIME type registration.