Re: RDFa in HTML issues wiki page created

Shane McCarron wrote:
> Sam Ruby wrote:
>> Given this state, and the evident proclivity of users to copy and
>> paste markup into such documents, I would think that it would be a
>> rather good idea for there to be a subset of RDFa (and by subset, I
>> mean things like disallowing the use of two prefixes which differ only
>> in case in the same scope of the same document) which can be processed
>> either as XHTML or HTML and produce the same triples.
>>
>> Perhaps there can be different rules for XHTML served as
>> application/xhtml+xml, or HTML with a non-XHTML doctype.
>
> I would almost rather try to harmonize the rules between XHTML and HTML
> if that's possible.  For example, by declaring that in HTML and XHTML
> family documents CURIE prefixes are case-insensitive.  This would be a
> significant change from the current recommendation, but I think it is
> unlikely that this change would actually adversely effect the triples
> generated by any existing pages.  If a change like this needs to be
> made, obviously it should be made sooner than later.

I was hoping you would say that.  :-)

The original question is "do you personally have a requirement that a
document with embedded RDFa always emit the same triples, regardless of
its progeny?".  It is hard to categorically defend a yes answer to that
question, but on the far narrower question of how to deal with things
that have a doctype of xhtml which are served as text/html, the answer
is much easier to defend.

- Sam Ruby