Re: Times, dates, and related topics

Jens Meiert writes:

> Thus, I think we can expect authors to use “time” for stuff like
> even <time>yesterday</time>.

Does that matter?

Such authors would presumably be those who haven't read the spec or
don't care about it.  Since validators can easily catch the above,
they'd also be people who don't care about validation.

Following the current spec, the preferred markup for each of the above
is simply not to use any tags at all -- which is effectively how user
agents will treat them anyway, since no valid date or time can be parsed
from them.  So users get the same experience either way.

Obviously it would be better if all authors completely complied with the
spec.  But as non-compliance goes the above seem relatively harmless.

Smylers