Re: Does anyone like microdata?

On Jun 25, 2009, at 8:42 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2009, at 1:32 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
>

>> The text of HTML5 was all written by me, but I do disagree with
>> several
>> parts of it. These include, but are not limited to:
>
> [...]
>

>> - The inclusion of the microdata section
>
> Does anyone agree with the inclusion of the microdata section? It's
> certainly possible for a solution that no one likes to be the right
> answer, I would be concerned with a feature that had a constituency
> of 0. In particular, does anyone think microdata is better than
> including no solutions to address the use cases at which it is aimed?

For the record, besides the on-list testimonials, I've received some
off-list feedback indicating there are some others who like microdata
but would rather not say so directly on the list.

Overall, it seems like microdata has an audience of positive
advocates, even though various people have reasons to dislike it.

Regards,
Maciej