Re: ARIA integration in HTML 5

On Jun 26, 2009, at 11:53, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> ARIA integration in HTML 5, to date there is no mention of ARIA in the
> HTML 5 spec, I understand that the editor is waiting for ARIA last
> call comments before proceeding, but there is already  1 complete
> implementation in IE 8 and 1 pretty much complete implementation in
> Firefox, while many of the features of HTML 5 have not been
> implemented in any browsers as yet, so i don't understand why work
> cannot start.

Is there now a spec that is detailed enough so that Opera and WebKit
can follow without reverse engineering either IE8 or Firefox and
interoperate with IE8 and Firefox? That is, what's the status of the
Implementor's Guide?

(For those who haven't read the main ARIA spec: The ARIA spec itself
doesn't cover UA implementation.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi