Re: Why I don't attend the weekly teleconference (Was: Input on the agenda)

On Jun 23, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>>
>>> Ian, are you part of a team, or a one man show?
>>
>> The WHATWG list has over 1000 subscribers, and the public-html
>> itself has
>> several hundred, and the HTML5 spec has well over 300 names on it,
>> so I
>> think it's quite obvious that I am but a tiny part of a huge team of
>> people working on HTML5.
>>

>>> If you're part of the team, get with the team. If not, let's end all
>>> pretense that this group is doing anything effective [...]
>>
>> I don't understand what this has to do with meetings. Could you
>> elaborate?
>>

> When issues come up in the teleconferences, they're usually put on
> hold because you're not there to provide either opinion or answer.

I don't recall ever seeing a summary of issues that need input from
Ian (or others not present at the telecon). There are the minutes, but
it's not always clear from those what issues were tabled for further
input. If there are unanswered questions at every telecon, then having
a short list of questions as part of the telecon output would be very
helpful. So maybe that would be a good first step that doesn't require
anyone to change the communication style.

Regards,
Maciej