Re: Firing media events early for throttled downloads

At 10:44  +1200 8/06/09, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Boris Zbarsky
><<mailto:bzbarsky@mit.edu>bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>
>I think the right message is "in-page media should not autoplay,
>

>I don't think that's the right message.

nor me.  I think the right message is that UAs should have a
preference, or some way for the user to indicate, what and whether
they want auto-played media to auot-play.  "Never', "only visible
media" (no auto sound effects), "Only if I cam from the same site" (I
probably clicked on a link requesting media),....whatever settings
they like.

scripts can be disabled.  so should auto-play be dis-ablable (ugly word!)
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.