Re: Content sniffing, feed readers, etc. (was HTML interpreter vs. HTML user agent)

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I guess I could point to the I-D, but that seems like something that is
> normally frowned upon. If that is the preferred method of operating,
> though, I guess I can do that. Are I-D URLs permanent? I was under the
> impression that I-Ds expired.

The URLs are permanent in that they do not change; but expired I-Ds go
away (you get a 404).

You can refer to an I-D as "Work in Progress", but will have to prepare
the reference when the I-D is revised (which is a good thing, btw...).

BR, Julian