Re: Publishing a new draft

Anne van Kesteren On 09-07-31 17.50:

> On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:33:20 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli
> <lhs@malform.no> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Why not instead point to Appendix B in HTML 4, which itself
>> lists some things it considers badly supported, and tell
>> which of those things are now now not supported?
>
> Proposal:
>
> I turn "esoteric SGML features of HTML 4" into a link to that
> appendix and drop ", such as the NET syntax (i.e. <em/content/)
> and processing instructions" from the document.
>
> Does that work?

I see that you insist on "esoteric". Hence I suggest hat you keep
the examples - NET and PI - and instead of adding a link to
"esoteric", make a link from NET as well as from PI to their
respective descriptions in Appendix B of HTML 4.

I also suggest that you, just as you've done with NET, add a code
example for PI - for example "(<?php ?>)" in a paranthesis.

To, in addition, adding "inspired by SGML", as you mention below,
would be a positive bonus. But as it is already mentioned in the
draft, it would be more informative to mention the "</" syntax and
point with a link to HTML 4 (or, better, the Validator FAQ [*])
about it.

[*] http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#faq-javascript

--
leif halvard silli