Re: Publishing a new draft

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:33:20 +0200, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Why not instead point to Appendix B in HTML 4, which itself lists some
> things it considers badly supported, and tell which of those things are
> now now not supported?

Proposal:

I turn "esoteric SGML features of HTML 4" into a link to that appendix and drop ", such as the NET syntax (i.e. <em/content/) and processing instructions" from the document.

Does that work?

My proposal of replacing ", but is not compatible with the more esoteric SGML features of HTML 4, such as the NET syntax (i.e. <em/content/) and processing instructions" with " The HTML syntax is no longer SGML-based" also still stands. I'd be willing to modify that to " The HTML syntax is no longer SGML-based, though is inspired by it" if that was your only concern.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/