From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:20:08 -0400
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Procedure to Promote Progress With
Accessibility Issues in HTML5
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, Ian Hickson
<ian@hixie.ch>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>, HTML WG
<public-html@w3.org>, W3C WAI-XTECH <wai-xtech@w3.org>,
wai-liaison@w3.org, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, "Michael(tm)
Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Michael Cooper
<cooper@w3.org>, Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, Robert J Burns
<rob@robburns.com>, schwer@us.ibm.com, sfaulkner@paciellogroup.com,
John Foliot <foliot@wats.ca>

Sam Ruby wrote:
>> 1. Is the call for more editors collaborating to produce documents
>> genuine or is it a thinly veiled attempt at something else?
>
> If you can find a way to collaborate with Ian (or Manu or Maciej or
> anybody else that has produced a document), that clearly is best.  If
> not, producing a document that has a clear division of labor with one or
> more existing documents is the next best alternative (Manu, for example,
> has attempted to do both).

Laura, John, Steve,

I would be delighted to work with PFWG and WAI to directly author
language into the HTML5 specification (as both an integrated section and
stand-alone module -- as was done with RDFa[1][2]). The goal would be to
produce a draft document that goes some way towards addressing your
technical concerns.

I do not see this as a long-term solution to a majority of the process
concerns that each of you have raised, so please note this as an aside
to the conversation currently going on.

Just offering to help, if I may be of assistance.

-- manu

[1]http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/rdfa-module.html
[2]http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/Overview.html#rdfa

PS: My time to help draft language is limited, as this is not my day job.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Bitmunk 3.1 Released - Browser-based P2P Commerce
http://blog.digitalbazaar.com/2009/06/29/browser-based-p2p-commerce/
-- End forwarded message --

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0588.html

--