Re: Proposal: @parsing="loose | strict"

On Tue, 2009-07-14 at 03:16 -0400, Doug Schepers wrote:
[...]
> However, it cannot gracefully address all the situations in which strict
> parsing is an advantage:
>
> * For authoring, it is often useful to know when you have validity or
> well-formedness errors, which helps debug script and CSS, and doing this
> on the fly in the browser is faster and easier while developing than
> reiterative validation with a separate tool;

for that case, I still prefer a toggle on the browser (not
in the document) that says "this is my web site; show me
all the errors".

My understanding is that DTDs agree with the content in <1% of
documents, and this sort of flag-at-the-top attribute
is subject to the same risks as DTDs: a document was matched
to its DTD at some point in its life, but then somebody
copy-and-pasted some advertising markup or added a comments
box or the like.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E