Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote

From: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 00:57:29 -0700
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>
> ... and so the browser vendors ignored it.

<video> and <audio> having three that recognize the elements and some
mimes/extensions, and even play by tech that appears to be open and
free is a spectacular achievement in this focus on making multiple
media accessible to authors and WWW interactors. Now we may have a
comprehendable platform for major standard types of embedded content
(plus seamless iframe to hold them all) and all rigged to work in a
designed plan of
progressive/selective fallback/enhancement.

I think I am hoping that any implementors that have something running
or in work should be the next consensus group that validates best
practice of what is described now, and then provide the group with a
short list of widely achievable minimum support requirements.

Thanks to All and Best Regards,
Joe