Re: proposed audio/video codec text

From: Rob Sayre <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:12:04 -0400
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 7/9/09 11:50 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2009, at 22:38 , Rob Sayre wrote:
>> I would be happy to make changes based on the results of a PAG or
>> legal advice.
>
> Just as a data point in case it helps work towards a solution

My feeling is that the xiph.org folks answered the questions in good faith:

" I'm not too worried about it."[1]

It would be best to wait for their promised detailed answer before
entering into ever-escalating W3C IPR machinations. We don't have to
stop work on proposals or drafts, but we might have to change course if
something unappetizing appears in their answer.

- Rob

[1] http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/theora/2009-July/002416.html