Re: PF Response: @Summary

2009/7/8 Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>:
> Gez Lemon wrote:
>>
>> The example I host on Juicy Studio that Josh provided is a bad example
>> of summary text - mea culpa. The client version was corrected way back
>> when we were working with them.
>
> Could you please inform us what the corrected summary text is, or provide a
> link to the actual client's page that uses the table if it's publicly
> accessible?

The summary text used for this table was customised for the client who
generated the tables depending on parameters they selected. It's not
as prescribed as it could be, as they're familiar with the layout, so
probably not the best example to study for exemplar summary text where
the summary should cater for people who are not familiar with the
data. The important part for the client was to understand what
compound data was included, as the tables could be saved for
examination later on. The summary attribute is generated on the fly:

"Rows contain [type] portfolios. The final column contains compound
data for [type of cost] between [start date] and [end date] for {list
of property types} costs"

So the generated summary for this particular table would be:

summary="Rows contain child investment portfolios. The final column
contains compound data for running costs between December 12 2005 and
December 26 2005 for Budgeted, Actual and Forecasted costs"

Cheers,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins