Re: formal objection to one vendor/one vote

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 16:23:45 +0200
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
David Singer wrote:
> We don't *need* to decide on mandatory, recommended, optional, or
> to-avoid codecs until quite late in the process.  It doesn't affect our
> understanding of the spec. or development of it, or building on it.  The
> question can remain quite easily open, if it needs to.

So if we don't *need* to decide on it right now, why exactly was it ok
to go from the original "Ogg required", to the later "Codec open, but
discussed" to today's "Not discussed at all"?

I think we are all in agreement that a final decision will not be made
right now; my understanding is that Shelley objects to the rules Ian
cited to support the previous changes (and I happen to agree with that).
And yes, whether a formal objection makes sense here is a separate question.

BR, Julian