Re: PF Response: @Summary

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, David Poehlman wrote:
>>
>> or we could help@summary do what it is supposed to do because it is the
>> only means of effectively carrying out its task.
>
> I disagree that it's the only means of effectively carrying out its task;
> we've seen dozens of proposals that could all carry out the task at least
> as effectively if used correctly, including many that are far more likely
> to be used correctly than summary="". Even if I am wrong and summary="" is
> in fact a great solution, it's not the only (effective) solution; arguing
> that it is merely leads one to doubt other similar arguments. (If you are
> wrong about it being the only solution, which you clearly are, as many
> people have proposed alternatives, are you wrong about it being the best
> solution? You have provided the same amount of evidence for both points.)
>
> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Dozens? I've only seen those in the Table Summary wiki, which
incorporates support for summary as short term solution, and a few
others have added, but have not been discussed since. One by James
Graham, and I think there was another, but I can't remember by who. I
saw what you recently edited into the HTML 5 spec, and which we
haven't discussed (recently at least, they may have been discussed in
the past, since this issue has been discussed over two years).

But not dozens.

Where are the rest documented?

Shelley