Re: Codecs for <video> and <audio>

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 12:09:57 +1000
To: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, robert@ocallahan.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Joe D Williams<joedwil@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>  and have indicated a belief that Ogg Theora's quality-per-bit
>>   is not yet suitable for the volume handled by YouTube
>
> It proably takes more client power and more bits so you need more memory and
> a faster processor. I would be glad to sample some. If this stuff is easy to
> find, I can look. Any links out there?

Ogg Theora requires less processing power for encoding and decoding
than H.264, since it is a simpler codec.

If you are looking for example content, feel free to check out the
links given in this post and comments:
http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/06/10/sites-with-ogg-in-html5-video-tag/

Best Regards,
Silvia.