RE: ISSUE-76: If we fixed namespaces, does RDFa still have problems?

From: Ennals, Robert <robert.ennals@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:51:34 +0000
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Indeed.

One of the key ideas in my namespace proposal is that prefixes that are likely to be used widely and are subject to a name clash must be registered. This allows everyone to use the same prefix while knowing that it can only mean one thing.

The "x-" prefix is only used for prefixes that have not been registered, either because they are experimental, or intended only for use within a single organization. End users should use "x-" prefixes rarely, if at all, and a validator should warn if they are being used.

I used "apple" because I was replying to Maciej, but I admit that it wasn't the best example :-)

-Rob