Re: ISSUE-74: canvas-accessibility - Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 12:00:09 +0100
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "HTMLWG WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 04:24:23 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> This issue has been open for five months, and the only concrete
> proposal we have at this point is in the draft. The deadline given for
> this work was December 17[1], a date that is fast approaching. At this
> time the chairs would like to solicit volunteers to write Change
> Proposals.

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#escalation
>
> If no Change Proposals are written by January 16, 2010 this issue will
> be closed without prejudice. (That's an extra 8 days over the usual
> one month deadline to account for the winter holidays.)

There is active work in this area, and there appears to be convergence on
at least the outlines of agreement. But as we are actvely working on it I
expect to see some instability still, which makes a change proposal a bit
tricky...

Given the complexity of the problem, I think that's pretty good. If
nothing else is forthcoming I will write a change proposal in January.

cheers

Chaals