Re: More suggestions for issues to be closed (http-mime-override)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Dan Connolly<connolly@w3.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 00:38 -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> ISSUE-28: http-mime-override - Content type rules in HTML 5 overlaps
>> with the HTTP specification?
>>    http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/28
>>
>>    The HTML5 spec completely defers to Adam Barth's MIME sniffing
>> draft. Thus, the HTML5 spec text at issue here no longer exist. This
>> issue should be closed.
>
> Since Barth's draft is cited normatively, it's still in
> the HTML 5 spec, just by reference.
>
> I'm looking to see whether there's consensus in the HTTP community
> around Adam Barth's draft... I can't tell yet.

The consensus opinion in the HTTPbis working group is that sniffing is
not in conflict with the HTTPbis RFC.  See, for example, the handling
of

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/155

and this message from the chair of the working group:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2009JulSep/0473.html

I think we can safely close
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/28 at this point.

Adam