Re: feedback requested on WAI CG Consensus Resolutions on Text alternatives in HTML 5 document

There are a few attributes that require the author to actually write in
native language rather than code/script. Among these are: alt, longdesc,
summary, caption. I am so scattered that I can't come up with a complete
list but I know that they have been sticking points in this overall
undertaking. Perhaps if we gathered them, it would help address their
peculiar place in designing the markup language to make them most effective?

In most (all?) cases these attributes are in the service of describing what
is inaccessibly depicted in Web materials, a result of those who design the
language being in little touch with those who must use substitutes for
non-textual stuff. The "cure" for this is to spend a good chunk of time
doing the work you are now doing without using a monitor or mouse.

Love.

--
http://www.boobam.org/webgeezermild.htm