Re: Google to pay for HTMLWG invited experts at TPAC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Larry Masinter<masinter@adobe.com> wrote:
> Still, the process is biased toward people who are eager
> to send a private email to "ian@hixie.ch" and against those
> who might hesitate, for whatever reason.

Am I getting this right? Google is offering free money in order to
further the cause of allowing people to contribute to the HTMLWG. In
order to qualify for this free money you need to do nothing more than
to send an email. And you are complaining about this and arguing that
this free money is coming with too heavy requirements?

Are you really doing this in good faith? If so I mush say I'm quite
shocked. And I don't even work for the company that is offering this
free money.

> (Do I need
> to elaborate the reasons why one might hesitate?)

Yes, please do.

/ Jonas