Re: Intranet pages

I consider one of the most importand aspects of web accessibility is to
provide equality of access to applications used in the workplace or
educational institutions, which in turn provides users with disabilities the
opportunity to work or learn.
So from an accessibility perspective intranet systems are very relevant.

Much of the work we do at TPG involves browser based applications delivered
in a private environment. Most vendors we deal with support multiple
browsers on multiple platforms and require that their  products conform to
the same standards that are used for the open web i.e. section 508 and wcag
1.0 (progressively moving to WCAG 2.0)

so to exclude these environments from consideration in the development of
html, is to exclude an important aspect of the provision of access to users
with disabilities.

regards
stevef

--