RE: Breaking Dependencies - @summary (FW: Call for Review: German WCAG 2.0 Candidate Authorized Translation)

Tomas Caspers wrote:

> Am 04.08.2009 um 16:36 schrieb John Foliot:
>
> > Submitted as proof: why contradictions in guidance "harm the cause."

The WAI documents are now available in multiple languages - furthering the
outreach and guidance that WAI provides.  Having the HTML WD contradict
WAI means that it is contradicting not only the English version, but the
French version (Lead Translation Organization: Association BrailleNet.),
the German version, the Brazilian Portuguese version, the Hungarian
version....
[ http://www.w3.org/2005/11/Translations/Lists/OverviewLang.html ]

The editors dismissal and contradiction of this current guidance has a
ripple effect that I do not believe he has factored into his data
analysis.  There are reasons for process, and this is but another example
of one of those reasons.

JF