RE: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 2

Ian -

What John wants (to the best of my understanding) is for the draft to
reflect the WCAG/WAI documents/findings/recommendations (it's not quite
clear to me what the formal status of their guidance on @summary is). His
stance is that since they are the experts according to W3C, it is HTML's job
to take their suggestions and implement them. He asserts that W3C process is
for other groups to adhere to their guidance. If anyone disagrees with their
recommendations, they need to take it up with WCAG/PFWG/WAI (whoever it is)
and wait for them to spend time looking at the new data and make new
documents.

John, is this an accurate summary of your position?

J.Ja