Re: My final attempt on explanation (was RE: [DRAFT] Heartbeat poll - update 2)

On Monday 2009-08-03 19:50 -0700, L. David Baron wrote:
> Well, if you can point me to where the argument for keeping @summary
> was actually made, I could respond to it, but I haven't actually
> seen it.  And that's the problem.

And, to be clear, the argument for removing it is that a large
sample of uses of @summary on the Web were examined, and most of
them were useless, and those that weren't were useful for all users
and therefore should have been in the caption element.  Therefore,
authors and users would be better served by being told to put
useful summary information in the caption, and useless summary
information nowhere.

Is there an equally concise summary of the argument on the other
side?

-David