RE: No tabbed browsing in HTML 5?

Hello Leif,
Hello everybody,

And thank for your feed-back. My question / reflexion began as I noticed
that internet beginners / occasional surfers like tabbed-browsing rather
than the opening of a new browser instance. They get surprised when seeing
that each browser may "have its own view" about the same thing especially
with links.

They appreciate to see in the part of the screen they are focusing on (=the
UA GUI) rather than browser instances visible at the bottom of the screen.

These kind of customer would like to get links on their web-sites opening
tabs in case of comparing informations (research, eCommerce comparison,
evtly eLearning) but prefer opening links to third part sites (information
reference, further informations, partner information) in a new browser
instance. The reason is they want to offer as much service as possible but
in the same time, they want their visitor to stay on - or have a chance to
find back to - their web site.

Here, the web designer does not have an easy possibility to open tabs; until
now the decision is left to the user - and a lot of them do not know this.

- With "_blank" the web designer creates a completely new UA instance.
- With "_tab" (or any other nomen) the web designer could create a new
browsing instance in the same UA instance.

Going further, may be this "tab-opening" possibility would be appreciated by
people with disabilities: they could get the possibility to make sure the
web pages they visited / opened stay grouped in the same instance of the UA.

But this is only a reflexion and I did not ask to people with disabilities,
I only asked "occasional surfers" about how and why they appreciate tabbed
browsing, after I showed them what is meant with this "jargon".

I qualify as "occasional surfers" in germany and in france a little scope of
3 x sme / smi with max 15 employees (plastic, lawyers, hydraulic systems), 2
x family enterprise with max 3 employees (mechanic, sport studio), 1 x
musicology institution with 5 employees and independent workers (horse
whisperer, kinesy-therapeut, HR consultant, financial consultant, insurance
provider), CEO aged 40++, working in "real life" as well as some 5 "silver
surfer" (as growing population in EU) using internet the first group to
offer informations and the last group to collect informations requests /
evtl. buy.

Kind regards from Germany

Nathalie
Skype call: n-at-work
eMail: info@n-at-work.net

D: Diese eMail und die Dateien, die als Anhang gesendet wurden, sind
vertraulich und einzig Ihrem Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie diese eMail
irrtümlicherweise erhalten haben, benachrichtigen Sie bitte umgehend den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Vielen Dank!
F: Ce courrier electronique et les documents y attachés sont confidentiels
et ne sont destinés qu'à l'attention de leur destinataire. En cas d'erreur
de transmission, nous vous prions de nous informer immediatement et de
détruire la présente. Merci de votre coopération.
EN: Information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or
responsible for the delivery of the message to such person), you may not
copy, disclose or deliver this message or any part of it to anyone, in any
form. In such case, you should delete this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply Email. Thank you very much!

Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that does not
relate to our business shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.