Re: Acessibility of <audio> and <video>

David Poehlman wrote:
> Actually, unless you cover all the variables, it will most likely prove your
> first #2.  Not all browsers support longdesc and maybe even not all
> assistive technologies recognize it as such?

Then that is just further evidence against the use of longdesc.
Although I was under the impression that recent versions of screen
readers do have support for it, if it's still not supported by widely
used versions after a decade of being in HTML4, I really don't think
it's worth waiting even longer for it to be supported on the video
element too.  However, I wouldn't object to the study being performed by
users with screen readers that are known to support longdesc, as long as
each individual used their own normal settings and preferences, to avoid
biasing the test in anyway.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/