RE: several messages

I could not agree more. XSLT is *not our problem*. Throughout every other discussion on this list that I have seen, compatibility with browser behavior is paramount. Compatibility with authoring tools, XML (and its related specs), etc. is virtually never a concern. The assumption has always been (and should always be) that any authoring tool will need to be updated if it wants to produce HTML 5. For good reason, too. Otherwise, we'd just be re-writing the HTML 4 spec to make it a bit more clear or something.

> Also, I think the idea of this WG defining a new output method for XSLT
> is absurd.  Let the XSLT WG take on the responsibility of maintaining
> their own standard, instead of shifting it all onto us.

Again, agreed.

J.Ja