Re: table and meter : timeline, timesheet

Simon Pieters wrote:
> Another example where the rule implemented in response by Gez's table
> doesn't work (though in the column axis).

Hmm, that's not how it seems to me. When I select "408i", I get these column
headers:

* 1970s
* 1980s

And these row headers:

* FR/FMR
   * 2+2

I do get both column headers in the 1st level. I don't get any column
headers in the 2nd level. This is true throughout the table, so it seems
like a bug in the code rather than a bug in the algorithm?

I do get the row header in the 1st level and the 2nd level.

If I select 308GTS, I get these column headers:

* 1970s

And these row headers:

* RMR
   * V6/V8

Again, the column subheaders are missing.

This cell is in the 2nd row of a row subheader which spans 2 rows. The row
header for it spans 3 rows. Since quite complicated spanning relationships
between headers and subheaders are working in the row axis, it feels like a
bug in the code.

Am I tracing this wrong? James, does anything seem out of place in the code?
Even a simple position like "250" isn't getting column subheaders.

Let's try another table where there are 2 levels of column headers and row
headers. Here, the 1st level of headers spans multiple items in the 2nd
level, as with the timeline. However, the data cells never span:

<http://james.html5.org/cgi-bin/tables/table_inspector.py?input_type=type_uri&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fprojectcerbera.com%2Fblog%2F2008%2F09%2Funtangle&source=&algorithm=smartheaders>

This seems to work perfectly. So perhaps there's a mistake in the code for
handling spanned data cells? Or, as Simon says, maybe this new feature of
the algorithm isn't compatible with the web?

--
Ben 'Cerbera' Millard
<http://projectcerbera.com/me/>