Re: FYI PFWG F2F topics of potential interest

On 1 Oct 2008, at 4:36 AM, Laura Carlson wrote:

> Hi Al,
>
>> PFWG will be considering the following topics in our F2F
>> meeting 20, 21 October 2008 at TPAC.
>
> Hi Al,
>
> Will the meetings afford the opportunity to attend via IRC/phone?

Barely.

<quote
cite="http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/meetings/tp2008#par">

Remote Participation

Remote participation is discouraged, aside from presenters reporting
on action item assignments. We will use the usual IRC channel for
managing agenda topics and action items only.  Those wishing to
participate remotely by telephone should make specific arrangements
with the chair in advance.

</quote>

The point about IRC is that the one-speak-at-a-time audio in the room
is the communication medium of the meeting, not the digital chat.

On the other hand, the Wiki page at
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/IssueTableHeaders

.. is a critical resource for our Tuesday session on "active HTML5
issues."
This would satisfy the "reporting on action item" test for you.

Al