Re: [html4all] HTML5 Alternative Text, and Authoring Tools

ian hickson wrote:
>There has been plenty of research and analysis. As far as hard data is
>concerned, it would indeed be nice if we could get more data.

Once again if so where is it, where is the research??

Where is the properly conducted research which  shows that making the
alt optional will lead to accessibility benefits as you [1] claim??

Show us the the proof Ian.

I have made it clear what is required from you [2], it is not
incumbent on anybody but you to back up your claims. Currently you
provide nothing more than your opinion as a basis for making the alt
optional in the spec. The HTML working group deserves more than this.

see ya!

[1] http://juicystudio.com/article/html5-alt-text-authoring-tools.php#comment2
[2] http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/?p=63

--