Re: SVG and MathML in text/html

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:

> On Mar 12, 2008, at 03:20, Chasen Le Hara wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
> > wrote:
> >> * When SVG in text/html is not supported, the icon must degrade into
> >> nothingness.
> >
> > Henri, I don't understand this part of the use case. As an author, I
> > *would* want to be able to have a backup icon or text displayed if
> > SVG is not supported. I can't think of a circumstance in which I
> > wouldn't want at least a backup image, if not backup text (at the
> > least) displayed if SVG wasn't supported (at all, or in text/html).
>
> Including a fallback image is a different use case.

My apologies. For some reason I had this solution stuck in my mind as a
replacement for using img or object with SVG when alt text/graphics were
needed. I'm onboard now.

Ian, is this a fitting use case? I want to be able to include MathML in a
text/html document (instead of a text/xml document because the syntax may
have errors) (such as a blog with HTML comments allowed).