Re: SVG and MathML in text/html

> On 11-Mar-08, at 8:37 AM, Jeff Schiller wrote:
>

> The way I understand the problem is that the HTML5 parser would
> require too many "special cases" to handle XML 'islands' like this.

Really?
Is it not simply a matter of:
Do I recoginize the namespace that is declared?
	If -Yes- then parse that using my known code
	If -No- then ignore it

It strikes me as the only way to handle the situation with anything
like scalability. Every time (and only when) the parser encounters the
foreignObject, it looks for the declared namespace (or what ever else)
and delegates parsing to the relevant specialized code. Only one
special case which makes it no particularly special.