Re: Comments on Timers

On Mar 10, 2008, at 2:10 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> * It should mention that UAs need to have a lower limit, probably
> 10ms, for Web compatibility. If that's not feasible it should at
> least allow a lower limit.

A lower limit is really only necessary if you detect a "nesting"
situation, where timers are being repeatedly fired from within
callbacks.  There is no need for a lower limit for single shot
callbacks for example.  About all I could see the spec saying is that
timers should be throttled to avoid CPU hogging (perhaps suggesting
the value of 10ms).

dave