Re: expected results for URI encoding tests?

Philip Taylor wrote:

> Julian Reschke wrote:
>> It gets really interesting only with form submission, where it's the
>> browser that's constructing the query part. I really wish we had a way
>> to force the browser to use UTF-8, *no matter* what the page encoding is.
>
> Does <form method="GET" accept-charset="utf-8"> do what you want? That
> results in percent-encoded UTF-8 in all the browsers I've tested,
> regardless of the document charset.

Thanks a lot Philip. I didn't know that.

That makes the whole problem almost completely uninteresting to me, as
page producers can simply always send true URLs (plain ASCII). That's a
bit against the spirit of "IRI everywhere" --
<http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27> -- but hey, that's
still in state "open" :-).

BR, Julian