Re: HTML WG co-chair, issues process

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for all your hard work so far Dan. I hope you can continue
> > contributing to the group; your input will always be especially
> > welcome given your past experience with developing HTML.
> >
> > Congratulations on the new job, Mike!
>
> I am very confused.  My reading of Dan's message (below) is that Mike
> Smith has been interim co-Chair for the last week, whilst Dan was in New
> Orleans; Ian has apparently interpreted the message as implying that Dan
> is standing down, and being replaced by Mike.

Hm yes, I does seem I jumped to an unwarranted conclusion. I had assumed
that we would not get an interim co-chair for just a week's absence (that
would mean a lot of confusion around seasonal holidays, for one), and the
announcement to the AC list did not seem to indicate that the "interim"
period was anywhere near ending.

Hopefully clarity will be forthcoming from our W3C friends. :-)