Re: SVGWG SVG-in-HTML proposal (ISSUE-41, ISSUE-37)

On Jul 30, 2008, at 08:23, Jeff Schiller wrote:

> 2) I think it was Henri that mentioned that the <font> overlap could
> be solved somehow in the HTMLWG proposal.  Can someone describe how
> this might work?  i.e. would I be able to specify an SVG font inline
> in HTML?

following attributes specified: face, size, color.

> 4) Speaking on my own behalf, I've more and more felt that if browsers
> can be required (asked? coerced? paid? convinced?) to support "View
> XML DOM' in any context where they currently support 'View Source'
> that I wouldn't have a problem with a new syntax for SVG in HTML,
> since the XML DOM in text/html would exactly match the XML DOM in
> application/xhtml+xml, right?  In fact, once this capability is in
> place, I'd even go so far as to propose this to be the browser default
> (CTRL+U keyboard accelerator, for instance), though View Raw Source
> should always still be available.

One would think that asking them to expand what for MathML is an
existing feature in Firefox would be easier than asking them to deal
with the complexity of the SVG WG's parsing proposal.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi