Re: HTMLCollection item() vs. namedItem() with [] syntax (detailed review of the DOM)

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
>>
>> Cameron McCormack:

Is this in reference to " [IndexGetter]" on "OrderedMap"
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Bindings/#IndexGetter

?

The major browsers allow access of items in a collection via
property-access operators.

The browser adds named properties to the Collection object in all of
the major browsers.

====================================

javascript:alert(({}).hasOwnProperty.call(document.forms[0].elements, 0));
====================================

FF3, IE7, Saf3: true
Op9: false[1]

javascript:alert("0"in document.forms[0].elements)
FF3, IE7, Saf3, Op9: true

[1] Opera 9 bug: does not return true for hasOwnProperty on a Host object.

Any assumption that there is a modified [[Get]] for the collection
would be wrong.

Garrett