Re: [author-guide] Character Entity References Chart

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> Hi,
>   I've begun to create the character entity reference chart designed
> for the HTML5 authoring guide.  It is a very rough draft at the
> moment, but it contains all the entity references, along with their
> characters and equivalent numerical character references.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/html-author/charref
>
> I plan to add a lot more functionality to it, such as a search
> function, categories, the ability to show/hide characters based on
> that. However, I could use a bit of assistance from others to help
> come up with a better looking design and layout, and to solve the
> various problems with the current layout.  If anyone would like to
> help with that, let me know.

Looks good Lachy.

I just wonder if you should mention that these entities are only for
HTML5 and not XHTML5 (apart from the five predefined in XML).

Also, since people are starting to use HTML5 now, I think it would be
good to some how indicate which of these entities are safe to use now in
HTML5 (text/html) and which ones shouldn't be used until we have better
browser support for them. I think there's about 252 or is it 366 that
are supported by browsers now.

Dean