Re: any error-free web pages at all? [was: Why Microsoft's authoritative=true won't work and is a bad idea]

Dan Connolly wrote:

> OK... at the risk of further exposing my ignorance... I'll bite.
>
> Today's featured article in wikipedia is ~32k and I don't
> see any errors; the W3C markup service
> says "This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!" and
> the firefox error console is blank.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_State_Route_32

Yet the page is being served as text/html and should thus
be parsed as such (and not as XHTML).  The <head> region
should therefore terminate at the "/" of

and the ">" of the same should cause an error ("character data not allowed
here" or somesuch).  Not the best example of an error-free page, IMHO, Dan ...

Philip TAYLOR