Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http-link-header-02

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 06:52:01 -0700, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I'd suggest not to pretend that everything is a URI. HTML5 does allow
>> URIs (if that's a concern) as tokens as the only requirement is that a
>> token consists of at least one character and no whitespace characters.
>
> URIs give you the infrastructure for disambiguating relation names
> without a central registry. Some consider this a feature.

They are also quite lengthy for something that in the general case only
has to be a few characters.

> Again, there's no need to centrally register a relation name, as it can
> be a URI.

I think that in most cases you want something shorter than that. (I'd be
fine with saying that anything that matches the URI syntax does not need
to be registered on the wiki.)

Also, it seems better if the Link HTTP header just defers its semantics to
HTML.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>