Re: acceptance: how

Dmitry Turin wrote:
> Dan,
>
> DC> "We expect that typically, an editor makes an initial proposal, which is
> DC> refined in discussion with Working Group members and other reviewers,
> DC> and consensus emerges with little formal decision-making."
> DC>    -- http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter.html#decisions
>
> There is link
> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#Votes
> on mentioned page (and note: "This charter is written in accordance with
> Section 3.4, Votes of the W3C Process Document and includes _no_ voting
> procedures beyond what the Process Document requires").
>
> 1) Can i put on voting my proposals about new controls
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/tabfile_eng.htm
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/cube_eng.htm
> http://html60.euro.ru/site/html60/en/author/quest_eng.htm
> ?

It only makes sense to call for votes when discussion has
shown substantial support, and I haven't seen much support
for those, so no, I'm not inclined to call
for votes on those proposals. (so far, only the co-chairs
have started calls for votes).

> 2) I'm invited expert, and i'd like to know, am i "Good Standing"
> to participate in voting?

Yes; the official list is
   http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=40318&public=1
and there you are listed in good standing.

If you have further process questions, please send them
to me an Chris Wilson and Mike Smith, not to the whole
WG. A copy to www-archive@w3.org to leave a public record
is often a good idea.