Re: SQL subset definition ( 4.11. Client-side database storage )

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:08:14 +0100, <mikko.honkala@nokia.com> wrote:
> The current spec only notes: "Note: A future version of this
> specification will probably define the exact SQL subset required in more
> detail". http://tinyurl.com/23d324

I asked Ian about this when he added it. His plan is to wait for two
implementations of the API as specified and then define the interoperable
SQL subset among those two implementations. I assume that those
specifications are then updated to match the common subset. So far we
don't have two native browser implementations.

Since then the specification has been updated and included some notes on
the subject, such as that some transaction statements are not to be
supported, but SQL semantics, parsing, etc. will probably wait until we
have two implementations. (Or a concrete proposal, I guess.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>